Read about teen services and the Perry-Sippo Branch on the VolunTeen blog: www.perrysippovolunteens.weebly.com
Thank you to all the students who participated in the Turn Dreams into Reality Art Contest! Artwork was submitted and displayed in each of the following categories: Photography, Painting, Drawing, and Other.
The participants in the 2014 Turn Dreams into Reality Teen Art Contest can view their work in the Turn Dreams into Reality Art Booklet, now available online on the Stark County District Library's Issuu.com page. Click here to see it now.
1. Students in grades 6-12 may submit a maximum of 2 entries in the contest.
2. Artwork must be original, not photocopied or reproduced, and have been created within the last year.
3. Artwork may be submitted in the following categories:
• Painting: oil, watercolor, or acrylic paintings
• Photography: outdoor or indoor photos of any subject
• Drawing: pencil, markers, ink, charcoals, or chalk drawings
• Other: clay, wire, multimedia, papier-mâché, metal, or wood sculpture
4. Artwork must be submitted by October 10, 2014 in the following ways:
• Mail: Stark Country District Library • 715 Market Ave North • Canton OH 44702 Attn: Teen Services
• In person: Visit any of our 9 branches, Bookmobiles, or the Main Library.
5. Winners will be determined by a panel of community judges. Winners will be contacted directly prior to Art Show.
6. All art submitted will be compiled into a booklet that will be available at the Teen Art Show. This booklet will also be available at all library locations for circulation. Disclaimer: Submissions can be picked up after the Art Show. Submission of work grants Stark County District Library one-time publication rights in a forthcoming booklet and on the Library’s website.
7. Winners will be chosen in each of the following categories and will receive a prize. (A) Grades 6 - 8 (B) Grades 9 - 12
8. If you are under the age of 18, be sure that your parent(s) or guardian is aware that you are entering this contest and is in agreement with these guidelines. Failure to comply with any of the contest rules will result in disqualification.
9. Attach the completed entry form below to your art before submitting it for the contest. If submitting as part of a class assignment, please include your teacher’s name on the entry form. Schools with the most participation will be recognized at the Art Show.
Download the Entry Form
The Michael L. Printz Award is an award for a book that exemplifies literary excellence in young adult literature. It is named for a Topeka, Kansas school librarian who was a long-time active member of the Young Adult Library Services Association.
Find Michael L. Printz Award Winners in our catalog.