Teen Read Week
Teens: Let your creativity help you "Seek the Unknown" in our Short Story Writing Contest.
Check out the Story Story Writing Contest WINNERS!!
Dungeon of Cordeal by Olivia P. [Grades 6-8]
The Abduction by Savannah S. [Grades 8-10]
Fortunate by Emily B. [Grades 10-12]
Short Story Writing Contest Rules and Entry Form
1. Short stories entered must be student's original work and may not be copied from any book or other source. Plagiarism will result in disqualification. We reserve the right to disqualify plagiarized entries at any time. Only one entry will be submitted per person.
2. Please double check spelling and punctuation before submitting your work. All entries must be no longer than 1000 words and typed. Make sure it is legible.
3. Entries must be submitted by Saturday, October 19, 2013. Short stories may be entered into the contest in the following ways:
- • Online Entry Form located at bottom of the page. We prefer entries be submitted online.
- • Printable Entry Form.
- • Mail: Stark Country District Library 715 Market Ave North / Canton OH 44702 / Attn: Teen Services/Teen Read Week Short Story Contest
- • In person: visit any one of our 9 branches, bookmobiles or the Main Library.
4. Short stories entered may be considered for publication. By entering your short story, you give permission to publish your short story in book form, on the Internet or other ways.
5. Winners will be chosen in each of the following categories and will receive a prize:
- • Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- • High School (Grades 8-10)
- • High School (Grades 10-12)
6. If you are under the age of 18, be sure that your parent(s) or guardian is aware of your entering this contest and is in agreement with all of these rules. Failure to comply with any of the contest rules will result in disqualification.
7. The library has the right to refuse entries that do not have a completed entry form.
8. Winners will be announced after November 1, 2013.
Find a Teen Read Week activity near you!
Copyright © 2009 Stark County District Library. All rights reserved.