Place and Retrieve Holds on Digital Materials
The digital title you want may not be available for immediate download; however, you can place holds on digital materials and receive email notifications when they become ready. The following instructions will guide you through the process of placing and retrieving a hold on an e-book.
- Necessary Items:
- Device with Internet access
Place a hold:
1. Sign in to the Ohio Digital Libary at www.ohioebooks.org and conduct your search. A list of titles relevant to your search will appear. Notice the symbol at the top right of each title's picture. These symbols are used to indicate the format and availability status of an item (open book = e-book; headphones = audio book) and availability status of an item (available titles will display this symbol in dark gray; titles currently checked out will display this symbol in light gray). To place a hold on a book that is not currently available, click anywhere on the title's image.
2. On the next screen, click Place a Hold.
NOTE: Available titles will display this symbol in a dark gray color. Titles with no copies currently available will display the symbol in a light gray color.
3. Enter the e-mail address that you would like to receive notification through once the title becomes available for download, and click Place a Hold.
4. A confirmation screen will appear to let you know your hold has been placed successfully.
Retrieve your holds:
When the hold is ready, you will receive an e-mail from email@example.com stating "Ohio Digital Library Item Now Available in the subject. Upon receiving this email, you will have three days before your hold will expire."
1. A direct link will display in the body of the email with instructions on how to claim your hold.
2. Click the link, or type ohioebooks.org in your browser.
3. After being directed to the site, sign in by typing your library's name (Stark County District Library) into the search field or select if from the drop down menu.
4. Another field will display below this one for you to type in your full library card number with no spaces. Click Sign In.
5. Once you are signed in, locate and click the Holds link located in the right column of the screen.
6. The item waiting for you to download will appear with a Borrow link to the right of its image. Click this link and proceed with your download.
Manage your holds:
1. You can check the status of your holds within your digital account. Click the Account link (The icon link looks like a person.) found in the top right row of the site.
2. Click on the Holds link in the right column of links.
3. Here you can see where you stand in line for your hold. You can also opt to Remove your hold or click Edit to change your notification email.
Still have questions? Please feel free to ask a staff member, call (330) 458.3150 or (330) 458.3160 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
Copyright © 2009 Stark County District Library. All rights reserved.