OEP Search and Wireless Transfer
Ohio eBook Project Computer Search and Wireless Download to a Kindle
Stark County District Library is a member of the Ohio eBook Project found at http://www.ohioebooks.org. These instructions are for computer based searching and wireless transferring of materials
1. Go to the Ohio eBook Project website [http://www.ohioebooks.org]. Click on the Sign In option found at the top right of the page. A new screen will open and you will then be prompted to select your library.
2. Type Stark County District Library in the box provided, or click View Full List and select Stark County District Library from the list of options.
- 3. A second box will appear for you to input your entire library card number. You must input your entire library card number (found on the back of your library card with no spaces) and then click the Sign In button.
- 4. To search for Kindle books, type a keyword, title, author etc... into the text box found next to the Help button and then strike the Enter key or click on the search icon.
5. Limit the list of items to only Kindle books using the Format option found on the left side of the page.
NOTE: The numbers listed next to the format options are the number of items available within your search for that particular format.
- 6. When you locate an item, select it by clicking on the item's book jacket.
- 7. Now click the Borrow button in the center of the screen.
- 8. Once you have clicked the Borrow button you will be prompted to Go To Bookshelf. Click the Go to Bookshelf button.
9. Click the Download button and then select Kindle Book.
10. You will get a box asking you to Confirm and Download your item. Click Confirm & Download.
11. The Confirm & Download button will launch a new window that takes you to the Amazon site. You may need to sign in to your Amazon account with the registered email address and password if you are not already signed in.
12. Select the device you wish the ebook to be delivered to (ex: Tom's Kindle) and then click on the yellow Get library book button in the green box on the right hand side of the screen.
13. If you wish to transfer wirelessly the Deliver to Kindle option will allow this although only over a Wi-Fi connection, not 3G. If you choose to transfer wirelessly the next screen will let you know that your title is available for download the next time your Kindle connects to Wi-Fi. If you are already in a Wi-Fi hotspot it may do it automatically. If you are in a place with Wi-Fi then your download will take place immediately and the process is complete. If Wi-Fi is not available then you must follow the steps below.
Copyright © 2009 Stark County District Library. All rights reserved.