OEP Search and USB Transfer
Ohio eBook Project Computer Search and USB Transfer to Nook
1. Go to the Ohio eBook Project website (http://www.ohioebooks.org ) and sign in. To do this, click on Sign In at the top right of the page. A new window will appear. Type in Stark County District Library. In the box under Library Card Number, enter with no spaces the entire barcode number found on your library card. Click Sign In.
2. Once signed in, search for a book by either inputting an author, title, keyword, or other search term in the search box at the top right, then click the magnifying glass. Alternatively, select Advanced Search underneath the search box, which is a good way to limit the search to EPUB format, the format used by Nooks.
a. Basic Search
b. Advanced Search
3. To limit to items currently available, click Available Now at the top right of the results page. To sort results, use the dropdown menu at the top left. To filter the search, use the options on the left side of the screen. For the Nook, one of the EPUB or PDF formats should be selected. Click on the book jacket of the desire item.
4. Click the Borrow button to check out the item.
5. If you're done searching and wish to get the item now, click on Go to Bookshelf.
6. To get the correct format for the Nook, use the dropdown menu to select EPUB eBook.
7. A popup box will appear to make certain you have selected the correct format. If you have, click Confirm.
8. Another popup box will appear. The style of popup depends on the browser used.
a. If using Internet Explorer: Click Open.
b. If using Firefox: Be sure to Open with Adobe Digital Editions and click OK.
9. The book will automatically open in Adobe Digital Editions, a necessary free software download available at http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html . (The version shown here is ADE 2.0.) Click Library at the top left of the screen.
10. Connect the Nook to the computer using the USB cable. The Nook should show up on the left side menu as a Device. Click, hold, drag, and drop the book to the Nook. Look for the green and white plus sign to know that the book is ready to be transferred to the Nook.
11. Properly eject the Nook from the computer by using the icon located on the notification area at the bottom right of the computer screen and begin reading!
Copyright © 2009 Stark County District Library. All rights reserved.