Searching for Digital Materials-SCDL Catalog
You can search for digital materials in the Stark County District Library Catalog without going to the Ohio Digital Library website first. Instead, search for digital materials in the SCDL online catalog, the library's simple search feature located on the library's main website page.
1. Go to www.starklibrary.org.
2. Enter your search term: Author, Title, Keyword, or Subject in the search box on the left side of the page and click Go or hit the enter key on your keyboard.
Note: You will need a valid Stark County District Library card in order to check out a book.
3. The large E icon to the left of a title indicates it is available in an electronic format, either as an e-book in Kindle, EPUB, or PDF format, or as Audio in either MP3 or WMA format.
4. If you are not interested in print or traditional audio copies like CD's, you can use the limiting options on the left side of the screen. To limit to eBooks, select EBOOK listed under the Format options. To see only a list of eAudio, select EAUDIO instead.
5. To discover if an item is available to borrow or place a hold on, click on Connect to title online under the title.
6. You will be taken to the item record on the Ohio Digital Library website to either Borrow, Place a Hold, or Sign in for Availability.
7. You will be taken to the sign in page. Enter Stark County District Library as your library, and then enter your library barcode number found on the back of your library card to complete sign in process.
8. Once signed in, either Borrow, Place a Hold, or Add to Wish List.
9. If you must Place a Hold, enter and confirm your email. You are now finished. If you have been able to Borrow the item, you will be taken to your account; click Download.
10. Select your format type, such as Kindle, Adobe EPUB eBook, or eAudio.
11. Click Confirm & Download.
a. For Kindle e-books, you will be directed to Amazon.com.
b. For EPUB, PDF, and Audio, you will be taken to the appropriate software or app on your device for accessing the item.
12. Follow your device instructions to finish the download, as well as the transfer to a mobile device if desired.
Copyright © 2009 Stark County District Library. All rights reserved.