Library Card Policy
Document Number PM 2007, Resolution Number 2003-168
Adopted Date November 18, 2003
Printable version (.pdf)
BE IT HEREBY RESOLVED By the Board of Trustees of the Stark County District Library
The Stark County District Library strives to provide broad access to resources and services to meet the educational, cultural, and recreational needs of the diverse population of the Stark County community. These resources include all library materials and access to the Internet. The library recognizes and respects parents' rights to guide their own children's use of library resources. We encourage parents to use library resources, services, and access with their children and to set their family's standards for the information their children read, listen to or view. Parental restrictions are available regarding access to the Internet and to adult fiction videos/DVDs rated "R" or designated "R" by Collection Development staff until the child reaches the age of 16.
1) The Stark County District Library offers a free library card to any individual who presents acceptable identification. Once a card is issued, the cardholder, regardless of age, will be the only individual authorized to use his or her card.
2) The cardholder is responsible for the cost of any lost or damaged items, as well as for any fines for late materials, borrowed on the card. Parents are accountable for all materials borrowed by their children under the age of 18.
3) The loss or theft of a library card must be reported to the library immediately. The cardholder will be held responsible for items borrowed on the card until the card is reported lost or stolen. The cost to replace a lost or damaged card is $1.00.
4) The library issues special cards for educators and institutions. A copy of the Teacher Loan Procedures is provided to each special cardholder.
5) The library reserves the right to restrict or revoke a library card if borrowing privileges are abused. The library may also refuse to issue a card to a former cardholder who has outstanding charges for lost or damaged items, fines for late materials or other library charges.
Copyright © 2009 Stark County District Library. All rights reserved.