Installing Adobe Digital Editions
Adobe Digital Editions software is required to download library ebooks as well as other digital materials to a Windows 7 computer. The following instructions will take you through a two step process for downloading the Adobe Digital Editions software and authorizing a Windows PC computer.
Necessary items include:
A computer with an Internet Connection and an Adobe ID: (If you do not have an Adobe ID follow the Creating an Adobe ID handouts to create one.)
Downloading Adobe Digital Editions
1. Locate the Adobe Digital Editions download page at http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html or generate a keyword search in a web browser using the terms: Adobe Digital Editions Download.
2. Click the Download now option found under Next Steps at the top, right hand corner of the page.
3. Click on the Download Digital Edition 2.0.1 Windows (5.7) option.
4. Click on the Run option found at the bottom of the page.
NOTE: A box may appear requesting permission to allow changes to your computer may appear. If so, click Yes or Continue.
5. A box will appear asking you to accept the terms in the License Agreement. Check the box I accept then click on Next and follow the prompts to install.
NOTE: If you are updating a previous version of Adobe Digital Editions, select the Migrate Data option and follow the prompts.
6. For those installing Adobe Digital Editions for the first time click the Skip option.
7. Click Done.
8. An Adobe Icon will appear on your Desktop. Double click on the icon to open. Your Adobe Digital Editions software will open and the computer now needs to be authorized.
Authorizing your Windows PC Computer
Adobe Digital Editions will need to be authorized on your computer. The following instructions will take you through the necessary steps.
1. Adobe Digital Editions will open. If not locate the ADE icon on your desktop and double click to open.
2. Click on the Help button located at the top left of the Adobe Digital Editions page.
3. Select the Authorize Computer from the menu.
4. Enter your Adobe Digital ID (usually your email) and the password you created for your Adobe Digital ID.
NOTE: For transferring material to a mobile device from this PC, the email must match the mobile device.
5. Then click on Authorize.
6. Click on OK. You are now ready to use Adobe Digital Editions on your computer.
Copyright © 2009 Stark County District Library. All rights reserved.