Placing Holds on Digital Materials
The digital title you want may be currently checked out, and therefore, not available for immediate download. The following instructions explain how to place and claim a hold on an item from the Ohio Digital Library.
• Stark County District Library card
• Computer, tablet, or other device to access Internet
• Internet connection
Place a hold
1. Sign in to the Ohio Digital Library and conduct your search (for more informaiton about how to search for digital materials look for the General Searching in the Ohio Digital Library handout on the Stark County District Library website.) A list of titles relevant to your search will appear. Notice the symbol at the top right of each title's picture. These symbols are used to indicate the format (open book = e-book; headphones = audio book) and availability status of an item (available titles will display this symbol dark gray; titles currently checked out will display in light gray.) To place a hold on a book that is not currently available, click anywhere on the title's image.
2. On the next screen, click the blue Place a Hold button.
3. Enter the e-mail address that you would like to receive notification of when the title becomes available for download, and click Place a Hold.
4. A confirmation screen will appear to let you know your hold has been placed successfully.
Claim your hold
1. When your hold is ready you will receive an email from email@example.com. The subject line of the email will say Ohio Digital Library Item Now Available. You have three days from when the e-mail was sent to claim your hold. The hold will expire if it is not claimed during the three day window.
2. A direct link will display in the body of the email with instructions on how to claim your hold. Click the link, or type the web address of the Ohio Digital Library (ohioebooks.org) in your browser.
3. Click Sign In at the top right corner. Follow the sign in process by typing in your library name (Stark County District Library) and card number (2133300xxxxxxx).
4. Click the Holds link on the right side of the screen.
5. Click to blue Borrow button to claim the hold and proceed with your download.
For complete instructions on how to download your digital material see the appropriate handout for your device.
Still have questions? Please feel free to ask a staff member, call (330) 458-3150 or (330) 458-3160 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
Copyright © 2009 Stark County District Library. All rights reserved.