How to Download the OverDrive App
- The Stark County District Library provides digital materials for computers, Apple Devices, Nooks, Kindles, and other mobile devices. The OverDrive Media Console App is one access point for utilizing the SCDL Digital collection formats such as PDF, ePUB, and MP3. The following instructions will help you to download the OverDrive Media Console app to a Nook Tablet or Android mobile device.
- Needed items:
- Computer or mobile device with Internet access
- How to download the OverDrive Media Console app to a Nook Tablet, HD, Color, or Android device
- 1. On your home screen, tap on the Shop icon.
- 2. On the Shop screen, tap on Apps.
- 3. Type OverDrive in the Search Shop text box.
- 4. Select Overdrive Media Console Inc. from the list.
- 5. Tap on the Free button and then tap on the Confirm button.
NOTE: It could take a few moments for the downloading to be completed.
- 6. Click the home button of the device.
- 7. Tap on the Apps icon.
- 8. Look for the OverDrive app in the list (the list should be in alphabetical order).
Creating an Adobe ID and Registering the Nook Tablet
1. You will need to create an Adobe ID to register the app once it is installed. (You will not need to go through these steps in the future.)
2. Tap the OverDrive icon found at the top, left side of the screen of the OverDrive app front page.
3. Tap the Settings options found in the drop-down list.
4. Tap the Get a free Adobe ID option from the list.
5. After getting your Adobe ID or if you already have an Adobe ID, type the Adobe ID and password into the text boxes.
6. Tap the Authorize option from the list.
7. Once it is registered it will open to a bookshelf where any books you currently have are listed.
NOTE: Typically the only book initially listed on the Bookshelf will be the Welcome to OverDrive Media Console audiobook.
Adding the Ohio Digital Library to the OMC library
1. Tap the Get Books icon found at the top of the page. (It looks like a book with a plus sign.)
2. Tap the Add a Library option from the drop-down list.
3. Tap the Search text box and type Stark County District Library.
4. Tap the Search button.
5. Select Stark County District Library from the list.
6. Tap the Ohio Digital Libraryoption from the list. (This will add the Ohio Digital Library to your library list and is where you will be able to get digital materials from Stark County District Library.)
7. You will be taken to the Ohio Digital Library where you may search, place a hold, borrow PDF and/or EPUB formats for your devices.
To learn more about using the OverDrive app check out the How To Use the OverDrive Media Console App instructional handouts.
Copyright © 2009 Stark County District Library. All rights reserved.