eBook Download to a Nook Tablet
The Stark County District Library (www.starklibrary.org) is a member of the Ohio eBook Project (www.ohioebooks.org). These instructions are for searching and reading on Nook tablet devices, including the Color, Tablet, HD, and HD+.
1. Go to the Ohio eBook Project website (www.ohioebooks.org) and sign in. To do this, tap on Sign In at the top right of the page. A new window will appear. Type in Stark County District Library or tap on Click here for a complete list of libraries and select Stark County District Library. In the box under Library Card Number, enter with no spaces the entire barcode number found on your library card. Tap Sign In.
2. Once signed in, search for a book by inputting an author, title, keyword, or other search term in the box at the top right, then tap the magnifying glass. Alternatively, select Advanced Search underneath the search box. This is a good way to limit to the EPUB format typically used by Nooks or to limit to other Nook compatible formats. Additionally under Advanced Search, limit by any one of various standardized reading levels or check the box to Show only titles with copies available. Tap Search when ready.
3. The results page has three layout choices: Cover, Grid, and List. All of them offer the same options down the left side. Search within results, Filter by medium (such as Audiobook), select a specific Format, Subject, Reading Level, or explore other choices, such as limiting to Show me only titles with copies available.
a. Cover: When the search is first performed, the layout of the results page is Cover. To borrow, place a hold, or view more information about a book, tap the book jacket.
b. Grid: The next display option is Grid. View the beginning of the book's summary and series information. Again, tap the book jacket to select it for check out, placing a hold, or to find out more information about the title.
c. List: The final layout is List. Titles appear one per line. Summary beginnings and series information are provided. Tap the book jacket to find out more, or tap Borrow or Place a Hold when ready.
NOTE: On all Ohio eBook Project screens, a dark grey icon in the upper right of a book jacket means it is available. Light grey means all copies are checked out. An open book signifies an ebook and headphones designate Audiobooks.
4. If using the Cover or Grid layouts, they do not have a direct Borrow button. Tap the book jacket to get to the page where Borrow can be selected to check out the item.
5. The next page is the Bookshelf. To continue searching, use the search box in the upper right. The book can be retrieved later by tapping on Account and then Bookshelf. If finished searching for items, tap Download (Select one format) and then check the box next to Adobe EPUB eBook. If the correct format has been selected, tap on Confirm & Download to complete check out.
6. The book will open in OverDrive Media Console, a free app available from the Barnes and Noble App Store, as well as the Google Play Store. To read the book, tap on the book jacket. Other information, including the option to return the book, can be accessed by tapping the plus sign on the right.
Copyright © 2009 Stark County District Library. All rights reserved.