Search, Download and Listen to eAudio Items
The following instructions are for searching, downloading, and listening to e-audio items such as audio books, music, and videos on computers including Windows and Kindle, Nook, iPad, and Android devices.
Browse, Checkout, and Download E-audio Items
- 1. On your device go to the OverDrive app. (First time users will be prompted to locate a library.)
- 2. Tap on the Ohio Digital Library link which will take you to the ODL website www.ohioebooks.org.
- 3. Tap on the Sign In button at the top right corner of the page.
- 4. Follow the instructions to select your library system (Stark County District Library) from the drop down menu and enter your entire library card number.
- 5. Once signed in, search for a book by either inputting an author, title, keyword, or other search term in the search box at the top right, then tap the magnifying glass. Alternatively, select Advanced Search underneath the search box, which is a good way to limit your search to only E-audio books in MP3 format. (NOTE: WMA audio books are not compatible with the OverDrive app.)
- 6. To limit items:
- a. To Search within the results-tap the Search within results search box at the top left.
- b. To show only copies available-tap the blue button that says Show me only titles with copies available at the top left of the results page.
- c. To sort tap on the Sort By option
- d. To filter use the Filter search by options.
- 7. After locating your item, tap or click on the book jacket of an e-audio book, music or video file that you would like to check out.
- 8. Tap or click on the Borrow button to check out the item.
- 9. The next page is the Bookshelf. If finished searching for items, tap Download (MP3 Audiobook) and then Confirm & Download. Your audio book will be delivered to the OverDrive Media Console app Bookshelf.
- 10. To return to the OverDrive Media Console app Bookshelf click the Options icon at the top right side of the screen.
- 11. The book will open in the bookshelf in OverDrive Media Console. To begin listening, tap on the book jacket.
- 12. Your computer or device will have additional navigation and operational buttons that will increase the volume, pause, stop, and play.
- 13. When finished pause and stop your audio file and then close the OverDrive app.
Copyright © 2009 Stark County District Library. All rights reserved.