Download and Listen to eAudio Items
The following instructions will take you through the downloading and listening options for library eAudio, Music and Video files. Necessary items include: a mobile device or computer with mp3 capability, the OverDrive Media Console app, an Adobe ID, a Stark County District Library card, and an Internet connection.
Browse, Checkout, Download eAudio Books from a Mobile Device
1. On your device go to the OverDrive app. (First time users will be prompted to locate a library.)
- 2. Tap on the Ohio eBook Project link which will take you to the OEP website www.ohioebooks.org.
3. Tap on the Sign In button at the top right corner of the page.
4. Follow the instructions to enter your library system (Stark County District Library) and library card number (Enter the entire library card barcode number).
- 5. Once signed in, search for a book by either inputting an author, title, keyword, or other search term in the search box at the top right, then tap the magnifying glass. Alternatively, select Advanced Search underneath the search box, which is a good way to limit your search to only eAudio books in MP3 format (NOTE: WMA audio books are not compatible with the OverDrive app.)
6. To limit items:
a. To Search within the results-Tap the Search within the results search box at the top left.
b. To show only copies availableâ��â��tap the blue button that says Show me only titles with copies available at the top left of the results page.
c. To sort tap on the Sort by option
d. To filter use the Filter search by options.
7. After locating your item, tap on the book jacket of an eAudio book that you would like to check out.
8. Tap the Borrow button to check out the item.
10. The next page is the Bookshelf. If finished searching for items, tap Download (MP3 Audiobook) and then Confirm & Download. Your audio book will be delivered to the OverDrive Media Console app Bookshelf.
11.To return to the OverDrive Media Console app Bookshelf click the Options icon at the top right side of the screen.
12. The book will open in the bookshelf in OverDrive Media Console - the free app installed at the beginning of this bookmark. To begin listening, tap on the book jacket.
Copyright © 2009 Stark County District Library. All rights reserved.