Android and OverDrive App
The OverDrive Media Console app is required to download ebooks, audio books, music and videos from the Stark County District library for your Android device. The following instructions will take you through the steps to locate, download, and use the set up the Ohio Digital Library on the OMC app.
NOTE: You will need a current Stark County District Library card; an Adobe ID, OverDrive Media Console app; and an Internet connection.
Locating the Overdrive Media Console app
1. Visit your Play Store
2. Search for Overdrive Media Console app. (The app is free.)
Installing the OverDrive Media Console app
1. After locating the app, tap the Free button.
2. Tap the Install app button.
3. Once it is installed, tap the Open button to open the app.
Creating an Adobe ID and Registering the Nook Tablet
1. You will need to create an Adobe ID to register the app once it is installed. (You will not need to go through these steps in the future.)
2. Tap the OverDrive icon found at the top, left side of the screen of the OverDrive app front page.
3. Tap the Settings optons found in the drop down list.
4. Tap the Get a free Adobe ID option from the list.
5. After getting your Adobe ID or if you already have an Adobe ID, type the Adobe ID and password into the text boxes.
6. Tap the Authorize option from the list.
7. Once it is registered it will open to a bookshelf where any books you currently have are listed.
NOTE: Typically the only book initially listed on the Bookshelf will be the Welcome to OverDrive Media Console audiobook.
Adding the Ohio Digital Library to the OMC library
1. Tap the Get Books icon found at the top of the page (It looks like a book with a plus sign)
2. Tap the Add a Library button.
3. Tap the Search text box and type Stark County District Library.
4. Tap the Search button.
5. Select Stark County District Library from the list.
6. Tap the Ohio Digital Library option from the list. (This will add the Ohio Digital Library to your library list and is where you will be able to get ebooks from Stark County District Library.)
7. You will be taken to the Ohio Digital Library where you may search, place a hold, borrow PDF and/or ePub formats for your devices.
To go to the Ohio Digital Library site:
1. Tap on the Ohio Digital Library and it will open.
2. From there you can search for E-Pub and PDF formatted books and download them directly to your phone via wifi.
For more information contact the Stark County District Library or take advantage of the SCDL free Downloading eMedia classes.
Copyright © 2009 Stark County District Library. All rights reserved.