Android and OverDrive App
You can get ebooks and other emedia files from the Stark County District library for your Android Smartphone by installing the Overdrive Media Console app on your phone.
NOTE: You will need a current Stark County District Library card; OverDrive Media Console app; and an Internet connection.
To get the Overdrive Media Console app on an Android phone:
1. Visit your Play Store and search for Overdrive Media Console app . The app is free.
2. To install the app, find it in the Play Store and tap the Free button. Then tap the Install app button.
3. Once it is installed, tap the Open button to open the app.
4. You will need to create an Adobe ID to register the app once it is installed. You will not need to go through these steps in the future.
5. Once it is registered it will open to a bookshelf where any books you currently have are listed.
NOTE: Typically the only book initially listed on the Bookshelf will be the Welcome to OverDrive Media Console audiobook.
To search for a library book tap your menu button and select the Get Books option:
1. Tap the Add a Library button.
2. Enter the requested information and tap search.
3. Select Stark County District Library from the list.
4. On the next screen select the Ohio eBook Project. This will add the Ohio eBook Project to your library list and is where you will be able to get ebooks from Stark County District Library.
To go to the Ohio eBook Project site:
1. Tap on the Ohio eBook Project and it will open.
2. From there you can search for E-Pub and PDF formatted books and download them directly to your phone via wifi.
For more information contact the Stark County District Library or take advantage of the SCDL free Downloading eMedia classes.
Copyright © 2009 Stark County District Library. All rights reserved.